Most chances for gaining weight:
This is what you can do:
1. Bean Recipes
2. Increase Fiber With Bran/Whole Grains
3. Find Exercise Partner
4. Decrease Alcohol
5. Switch Over From White Flour To Whole Grain Products
MEET SOME OF THE BOYS FROM THE WHOLE GRAIN BAND:
1. Make bean recipes with a crock pot. Go to foodnetwork.com or allrecipes.com and sort by the highest number of stars. The highest number of stars, the better the recipe was rated by a reader. You will come home to an aromatic, delicious healthy meal. Start with some hearty soups. Get some whole grain breads for dipping.
2. Use bran as a fiber supplemental and never by itself. You can mix it with many different dishes whether it be a meatloaf, oatmeal, mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower and bran muffins. Use it very sparingly in recipes other than bran muffins.
wholegrainscouncil.org for whole grains from A (amaranth) to W (wild rice). Next, take the grain of choice, and search again for recipes on the sites I mentioned previously. Get that crock pot out again for more exciting aromatics and ultimately deliciousness when you arrive famished after a day’s work.
3. It is always better to work out with someone or your pet. Research has shown that future exercise compliance is greatly improved when you’re not alone.
4. Drinking alcohol increases calories by an average of approximately 150 calories per drink. The additional problem is the more you drink the more solid food you are likely to consume. So it’s a double whammy. Alcohol actually over-rides your satiety center.
5. Switch from the whites to the whole grains. Products like whole wheat rice or wild rice, whole grain breads, whole grain cereals and whole grain pasta. Your insulin levels will not go up as fast therefore limiting fat storage.
These 5 hints for weight loss should be taken one at a time. The slower you are at incorporating these into your lifestyle the more successful you will be at weight loss and control.
Try something new!
You and your family will be very pleased with the results.